Coaching = Success
As mentor teachers, we see the challenges potential teachers face trying to get hired by ZebraEnglish. Many great teachers do not make it through the hiring process due to something they missed during the interview process. ZebraEnglish only wants to hire a limited number of teachers, therefore their rubric is very specific. Knowing the rubric and what they want from you is important, but even more important is having someone evaluate your skills and help you clean up things that you may or may not see. Many excellent teachers go through the application process, evaluate the feedback that ZebraEnglish gives them based on their interviews, make appropriate changes and apply again with more success the second time.
This process costs the applicant time and ZebraEnglish money because they pay the mentor teachers to interview the applicant each time they go through the process. This is the main reason ZebraEnglish has an incentive program for referring applicants. The referring teacher gets paid when their applicant succeeds. If ZebraEnglish had a goal of hiring 100,000 teachers then the incentive would be to make a name for yourself so you could get all the links you can, hoping that the applicants pass. As mentioned before, this is not the case. ZebraEnglish has a goal of hiring a limited number of excellent teachers who are ready to supplement their student's current curricula.
We say all this to say, we want to help you succeed.
We help in the following ways:
- We offer or recommend a support group that personally answers questions as they are asked.
- We Review your intro videos.
- We Go to bat for you.
- We connect you to other excellent teachers.
- We know and understand the goals of ZebraEnglish and communicate those to you.
- We connect with other teachers so that we can share their resources to help you.
- We offer online teacher talks with teachers who are going through or have been through the process so you can get the best help possible (ZOOM Meetings).
- We schedule one-on-one face-to-face sessions with you to go over your skills and help you polish the skills needed to succeed.
- We introduce you to a community of teachers who make up the ZebraEnglish family.